Wednesday 6 March 2013

WOYWW Where have you been?



'Where have you been?' I hear you ask. 'I've been to London to see the Queen,' I reply. Well actually I've been to see Albert, hall that is.
Not a lot of crafting going on here as I did so much before my craft fair that I'm all crafted out, I'm also WORKING this week. I know, shocking, isn't it?
Here is a photo of my stall at the Brighton Craft Alliance craft fair a couple of weeks ago
Last week I actually went to London twice. Just like buses,you wait for ages to do something and then everything happens at once.
On Tuesday I went up to London to meet Kirsty Wiseman and another friend Judi, we met at Leicester Square which was an event in itself. You should have seen us all on our phones trying to find each other when we were only yards apart. We went and had a long, chatty lunch and then hopped on to a bus to Harrods. We spent hours wandering around pretending we had the money required to purchase all the lovlies they had on display. I did buy something, a custard tart for £1.30!
We ended up in this wonderful little cafe for another spot of silliness!
In case you're wondering, I'm the one on the right!
Friday was time for my husband and I to go and see Carmen at the Royal Albert Hall. What an amazing place that is. Just think how much love Queen Victoria had for her Albert to build such beautiful and lasting memorials to him. Can't imagine it happening now, can you? 'Camilla Parker Bowles Memorial Hall' doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it?
Anywho, that's enough for me. Time to hop over to Julia's blog to see some far more interesting tables,desks,floors and general crafting spaces.
Thanks for stopping by.

15 comments:

  1. wow, Jaki what a week!! glad I don't shop in Harrods (or like custard tarts either) £1.30 for one.... Sounds like you had a great time though. Helen, 8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WOYWW Jaki, thanks for stopping by earlier. ooh you have been busy - great photos. Gill x #45

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Haven't been to London for years and meeting up with Kirsty too! Lovely!! Love how you stall looked btw! Chris@95 psThanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had the most wonderful week, I Love London we visit a few times each year usually for the Museums and places of Interest. Yes Harrods is great to browse in and the Food Hall is fascinating x
    Your stall Looks so Beautiful, love your presentation of the goodies you created x
    Happy WOYWW Heather #59

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds a fab week. Carmen must have been fab. When we lived in London we saw a LOT of plays (sometimes 3 in a weekend) but never ballet and never opera. I think I missed out!

    Happy WOYWW

    MA (1)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh you have been so busy and your craft table was looking fantastic
    Have a great WOYWW thank you for sharing your workspace today
    Ria #39

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what lovely things you've been up to. I hope the craft fair went well and that Carmen was amazing! Have a great week and thanks for your WOYWW visit. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stalls looks fabby missus! Lucky you with your trips to London Tarn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you've had a great week, how wonderful to be able to get up to London regularly.
    Your craft stall looks gorgeous. I hope you did well.
    Happy WOYWW
    hugs Lisax #55

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you've been having a fun time!! Many moons ago, when I was a freelance Vision Mixer, I was part of the production team that covered Carmen from Earls Court for Sky tv. There was a cast of about 300, it was mad but an amazing experience!
    The tutorial for the bucket bin is on last week's blog with a link...it's ever so good, you'll enjoy doing it! And I've got an odd day tomorrow..in between my son's two Orthodontists appointments when his brace is being removed, I've got time to kill so shall be investigating the Andover fabrics (oh, yeah) at the craft village near Swindon :) Thanks for the heads up!
    Hugs, LLJ 32 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw you'd seen Kirsty on her blog, (that 'Anonymous' is off her head isn't she?) sounds like a good time was had by all. I'd love to see Carmen at the RAH, I bet it was fabulous. Did you do well at the craft fair?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore Carmen, definitely one of my faves, bet it was wonderful in the AH. Worth a second trip to the old smoke then!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your day, it made me laugh as I went to a fair to catch up with Sandy and I phoned her asking where she was and she was right behind me. Funny Ha! You are brave having your own craft stall.

    Happy WOYWW and thanks for visiting me

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a brill time. Lovely craft stall. Sorry to be late . Anne x @65

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely selection of goodies on your stall.
    Great photos of what looked like a great couple of trips to London. I haven't been for a while. I want to go soon to see the Pompeii exhibition that is visiting.
    I'm late visiting for WOYWW as was offline yesterday,
    Have a good week
    Alison
    #34

    ReplyDelete