Wednesday 20 March 2013

WOYWW

Straight into it today
Not a lot going on today as I'm meeting a friend for coffee later and then I'm working so I can't make a mess! At the front is a card I made a while ago using Stampin' Up perfect postage punch, K&Co self adhesive papers and three buttons. Very simple but quite sweet I think. In the middle are three bags which I've recently made. On Friday I did a sewing workshop at The Eternal Maker and learnt how to make a lined, zipped bag. The one at the front is the one I completed there. I came away with the template and whilst the method was fresh in my head I wanted to make another so on Sunday I made the one on the right. Of course I couldn't remember how to do the zip part so I frantically googled and came across a lovely blog which helped immensely. Especially as I was a little fraught trying to cook slow roast pork, make a 3D model of a sperm cell and help my other son get his cookery, sorry food tech, ingredients ready. I made the red one on Monday and now all I have to do is decide which bag I'm sending to my 'cyber' friend for her birthday.

Over the last few weeks I've been a bit lazy and used photos from my iPhone but I've noticed that the photos disappear so today I've gone back to a 'proper' camera so hopefully they won't vanish.
I'll leave you with this message my husband left for us this morning. My youngest thought it said, 'I love sheep'. Maybe he does, who knows?
If you want to see a little more action, head over to Julia's blog and have a good old snoop.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely pouches. It's the zip 'sandwich' bit that floors me! Thanks for the link, will check it out when today's trials are over.
    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bags Jacko, you are clever. Going out with my camera today, the sun's shining, hoorah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you could make your DH an I LOve Sheep T shirt for his next birthday!! Poor lad, he was trying to be romantic and everyone's taking the Michael, lol!
    Thank you so much for posting the link to that zipped bag tutorial, how simple and clear is that? I'm definitely going to have a go because it looks quite easy!!
    And a 3D sperm cell?????????

    You really do see all sorts on WOYWW!
    LLJ 45 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sheep, so funny! Love the zipped bags, what great gifts they will make!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy. The bags look great.
    Romantic hubby, a shame he's being outed on blogger! At least he tried LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless ewe! Love those little bags and those flowers look wonderful x

    ReplyDelete