Wednesday 22 February 2012

WOYWW #142

Happy Ash Wednesday WOYWW
I'll stick my picture up first before I waffle on
On my table today we have the Stampin' Up brochures, a note book and pen, Mollie Makes magazine and a letter from my son's school.
In 49 minutes a SU demonstrator is coming to see me as I'm thinking of buying something! The note book was hand sewn by me after seeing a simple tutorial in  the Mollie Makes blog, I love,love,love this magazine and was getting a little concerned this month as my mag was late. This month there is a Babushka doll keyring kit to sew, I may have a go at that!
The letter from the school is an application form to do the bronze Duke of Edinburgh award so that will be completed today as we are very keen for George to do the awards.
Not much on there today but later I will be making some cards using some stamps I borrowed from a lady I met on FB and I really should return them to her! She also wants to see the SU brochure so I'll take her that.
Yesterday I had a message from a friend asking if I would make a cake for his wife's birthday. He'd seen the picture of the cake I made on Sunday and suddenly thought it would be a good idea to get one for his wife.
I also finally managed to take a few snaps for my photography course and I'll just post one which is for the asymmetry task.
I bought this coffee pot and 4 coffee cans about 25 years ago from a PDSA shop for £5. Gradually over the years, with the help of Ebay and my godmother, I have built up a small collection of this service. I absolutely adore it and if anyone has any, or sees any, I will bite your arm off to buy it from you!
I'll leave you with a rose today. Thanks for stopping by and I have to go because she's due in 40 minutes now!

Whoops, in my haste I almost forgot to link in Julia's blog, hop over and see what's on everyone's desks today

16 comments:

  1. the rose picture is gorgeous and I'd love to try that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and a fab post, enjoy your day :)

    Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Luv Karen #91

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love your china, not seen that pattern before. I loved doing the D of E awards and I'm sure your son will too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite photo is of the coffe jug and mug. I'll have cream in mine plese! Brill photos!!!
    xx 101

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your sewing projects.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photographs! That is beautiful pattern on the china!

    Happy WOYWW!
    Katie #14

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jaki (waving) I'm here to see you in blogland! That cake looks yummy and oh what lovely photos you have..........tee hee!

    Hope you had a good time with the SU lady don't you just love their products - I don't have many but I do love 'em.

    Hugs

    Tina
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jaki - thanks for leaving lovely comments on my blog - the header pic is the view from my kitchen window. Let me know what your china is called and I will look out for it - there is always a wide selection of china at our local car boot - you never know , it might appear there one day and I will snaffle it for you. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jaki

    You are right I love Craftwork Cards!!! How did you guess!

    Speak soon

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING! photo's, love the coffee pot fabulous, I hope you did'nt spend too many pennies on SU, Have a great week, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I can see why you love the coffee pot! So what did you get from SU? And making cakes to order? Is there no end to your talent young lady! Thank you so much for your lovely words on my Pin - you cheered up my day!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL coffee service. Luckily my arms are safe from you as I'm not in possession of that, or any coffee service for that matter. That cake looks so yummy, I want to take a bit out of it right now! mmmm! Happy times ordering from Stampin' Up. It is Sale-a-bration time now which means free goodies for every X amount ordered. I'm not a rep, I just happened to have put an order in on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the coffee pot! and ...yummy! that cake looks delish! Thanks for my snoop!
    HaPpY WoYwW!! Have a very crafty week!
    ((Lyn))#67


    the word code is sooooo long and I keep getting it wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty coffee service...that pretty set and the cake are making me hungry!

    Off to google the magazine! Thanks for the snoop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely pictures, I saw your other post too, love that bracelet with the tiles on. Enjoy this week's WOYWW snoop of the crafty & creative desks around the world. Take care Zo xx 81

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are quite the baker!!! It's 7:50 a.m. here in the states as I'm reading this and I'd like a huge slice to go with my morning tea! Please??? I can see why you love that coffee pot and mugs. Very beautiful.

    Happy WOYWW
    Kay
    #29

    ReplyDelete