Friday 2 December 2011

Card Making and Christmas Fair

Friday already? All I had to do today to get ready was to make some Christmas cup cakes so I got them in the oven as soon as possible and they were done by 10! I then thought that I could whip up some more lavender bags, maybe another cushion. Then I thought, 'No, I'll just chill til it's time to leave.' Which is exactly what I did. I even managed to tidy up so that the place didn't look like a tip for when my mother in law came to look after the boys.

I drove up to Surrey, calling in on my friend's mother to collect something, don't even get me started on that! It was a lovely drive through the Sussex and Surrey countryside, I just wish I'd stopped to take photos but I didn't want to be late for school. I needn't have worried as I arrived in plenty of time and had to stand outside the classroom waiting for her class to finish.

The card making session went beautifully and I learnt something from the children, which was a bonus.
The Christmas tree card that you see above has a circle cut out above the tree and in it is suspended a snowflake. Now a couple of the children had placed their tree too high so that when I cut the circle it nipped the top of the tree off. One little girl brought her card to me and asked me to cut the circle to the right of the tree so that the tree wouldn't lose its top. Now why didn't I think of that? I love the way that children's brains aren't hard wired into thinking in a certain way.
The time flew by and before we knew it the children were tidying up and thanking me for helping them.
After I'd collected any useful bits of scrap, crafters never throw anything away, I went to the main hall to put up my stall and eye up the competition. It didn't take long and by six o'clock my friend and I were sitting comfortably in Prezzo's in Godalming.
If any of you have seen 'The Holiday' you will recognise the little town from the scenes where Cameron Diaz is driving madly in her little Mini. The best bit about going in December is that it looks exactly the same as in the film as all the Christmas lights are up.
To round off the evening we watched 'The Holiday' from start to finish, which made me realise that I'd never seen the middle of the film and now the end makes sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment