Sunday 11 December 2011

Pizza Frenzy

I was up at 7.30, yes 7.30 in the morning as my son had another 9.15 meet for his football near Chichester. I had to make him; bacon sandwiches to go, a flask of hot chocolate with marshmallows and a box of 20 cup cakes for the team. I was also worried that I'd have to drive him and two of his friends to the game as my husband had man flu. Luckily my husband managed to drag him out of his pit and take them. I think the option of staying at home and getting ready for the influx of people coming later in the day was worse than driving to football.
Ten minutes after they had left I noticed that they'd left a bag with the towel and change of clothes that my son was sure to need in this weather. So yes, I ended up driving down to meet my husband in a hotel car park to give him the bag. The things we do for our children!
I'd arranged a family get together for today as my mother-in-law, brother-in-law,sister-in-law and their children are off to Australia for Christmas so I thought it would be nice for us to have a little pre-Christmas do. I hadn't banked on a brewing family row that simmered under the surface most of the evening. Luckily a little wine, a lot of pizza and my charming hostessing skills soon smoothed out the issues. It's amazing what 8 15in pizzas can do, well there were 18 of us and I certainly wasn't going to cook for that number for the third time this year.
A great evening was had by all.
This is a picture from last year as I didn't have time to take any photos at the weekend, too busy chasing my tail but it gives you an idea of my festive shelves

2 comments: