Wednesday 28 December 2011

WOYWW

My head has been bursting with ideas since Christmas Day when I received Kirstie Allsopp's new craft book. I can't wait til we get back to normal and I can start some new crafts. I also want to make sock monkeys, so if any one knows how, I'd be grateful for some tips.
Anyway, I don't scrapbook but last year I made my first page using a photo of my youngest son at Christmas. I'd displayed it on a 12x12 canvas last year but decided to re-frame it in a box frame I'd bought in a charity shop. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and the page got ruined. This morning I went through my paper stash and managed to find the same papers I'd used first time around so this afternoon, in between watching QVC craft sale, I'll be re-doing the page and framing it in a frame I bought in The Range yesterday.
Can't wait to see what's on your work surface this Wednesday Thanks for stopping by.
Jakix

10 comments:

  1. I agree, the Range have some fab frames, we've bought loads from there.I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and wish you a very Happy New Year, Love Shaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you manage to do the frame have fun don't spend too much qvc..lol
    Here's hoping you Have Happy Healthy,Creative New Year
    Hugs Judex 57

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun, you will become hooked on scrapbooking i'm sure it's great fun, Happy 2012, Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you manage to put your LO into your new frame, what a great idea :)

    Have a great WOYWW and a very Happy New Year, I hope 2012 is a good one for you :)
    Luv Karen #41

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to put your layout in a frame. I'm half way through making a sock monkey and I'm using these instructions http://makeasockmonkey.co.uk/img/makeasockmonkey.pdf Good luck. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun with the framing! As for me, I've since started cleaning off my desk to make room to work on the wreath.

    My first link to WOYWW doesn't work so I'm #72 and not 54. Di did the same thing so at least I'm in good company! ;-)

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont make sock monkeys as such but i do make sock creatures, if you scroll to the bottom of my blog and look in the tag cloud for sock creatures you will see lots of photos. I started a few years ago with the book 'Stupid sock creatures' by John Murphy.

    wishing you a wonderful 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on the rescue of the scrapbook LO..bet you'll be really pleased when it's in the frame. I expect you can find a lot of tutorials for sock monkey knitting on you tube. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your enthusiasm! Merry, Merry, Happy, Happy!!!

    PS (On the day before I turned 50, I made a skirt out of old jeans and embroidered "Today I am in my 40s" on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh looking forward to your sock monkey adventure, that sounds like fun! Happy New Year from North Carolina!

    ReplyDelete